Blue Lagoon Ionizer + UV-C 40000
The Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+ will clean the water in your swimming pool through copper electrolysis combined with UV-C radiation. The Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+is placed on the piping system after the swimming pool filter. The swimming pool water then flows through the housing of the Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+. A UV-C lamp and a copper unit, or ionizer, are positioned within the housing, and the copper unit discharges a minimal amount of copper into the water flowing through the housing.
These copper ions (Cu2+) in the water have a positive charge and destroy the cell walls of bacteria, viruses and other primitive organisms. As the cell wall is thereby damaged, these organisms are no longer able to take up any nutrients, and are therefore unable to multiply. The process of applying a positive charge to copper is called copper electrolysis. The copper in the water acts as a disinfecting buffer in your swimming pool and, in terms of results, can be compared with the effect of chlorine. The UV-C lamp that is positioned in the Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+generates UV-C light. This UV-C light produces UV-C radiation with a wavelength of 253.7 nm, ensuring that bacteria, viruses and other primitive organisms are destroyed. Due to the length of the device, the water is exposed to this high level of radiation for a longer time, which destroys the DNA of bacteria, viruses and micro-organisms. The interior of the device made of 316L stainless steel, which ensures an additional reflection of the UV-C radiation, increasing the efficiency by up to 35%.
Research has shown that UV-C light disinfects swimming pool water up to 80%, while copper disinfects up to 20% of the swimming pool water. Assuming that these values, such as pH and alkalinity, are 100% correct, the combination of UV-C with copper electrolysis makes it possible to swim safely without having to use any chemicals. Thanks to the Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+, your swimming pool water will be disinfected efficiently and safely, and the quality of your water will remain excellent.
The Blue Lagoon Ionizer+ is fitted with the ideal peristaltic pump for the dosing of a liquid solution into the piping system of your swimming pool. The neoprene hose makes it possible to add various types of chemical solutions to the water of your swimming pool. Hydrogen peroxide works very well in combination with copper electrolysis. The dosing pump is also suited for dosing flocculant in the pool. A dosage of up to 60 cc an hour is possible. In addition, it is possible to change the dosage every hour by operating the push button underneath the display.
Advantages of UV-C treatment:
• Ensures fresh, clean and clear water
• Disinfects water efficiently and safely
• Bound chlorine is broken down by UV-C light
• Protects your pool from germs
• Keeps the formation of mould, bacteria and algae under control
• Can reduce the use of chlorine and other chemicals by 100%
• Prevents the smell of chlorine and irritation to the skin and eyes (red eyes)
• More environmentally-friendly than traditional methods
Advantages of the Blue Lagoon UV-C copper Ionizer+:
• Enables swimming without the use of chlorine
• Up to 80% disinfection by UV-C
• Up to 20% disinfection by copper electrolysis
• Built-in electronic pre-selector to ensure a smooth power supply
• Up to 35% more UV-C yield as a result of reflection
• Includes a 40W/75W UV-C lamp
• Integrated adjustable time meter for the UV-C lamp
• Digital indication when the lamp needs replacing
• Dosage of up to 60 cc an hour
• Dosage separately adjustable for each hour
• Neoprene hose
• Suction and injection nipples supplied
• 316L stainless steel housing
• Easy installation and maintenance
• 2-year guarantee with respect to manufacturing faults
• Universal adapters included in delivery